“The Portal” from Ghostmen Designs for light-bearing Safariland™ Holsters
We are pleased to now carry the “Portal” by Ghostmen Designs. Designed to let dirt, brass, gravel , etc to fall out through the bottom of your holster, ensuring that you are able to re-holster your weapon on demand and safely.
After seeing many agencies remove the standard plastic light plug found at the bottom of safariland holsters to allow debris to fall through, Ghostmen Designs realized that doing so resulted in zero protection for the weapon light, and weakened the structural integrity of the holster. This unwanted flex and play that comes from the bottom of the holster being unsupported can even result in a failure for the retention system to properly engage. The Portal is built out of high strength 6061 Aluminum, and serves as a strong, superior replacement for the factory plug.
- Machined from T6 6061 Aluminum
- Mil Spec type 3 hardcoat anodized
- Made in the USA
*See installation instructions below. Only works in Safariland 6000 Series light bearing holsters.
- Remove holster from mount
- Loosen the screw (1/8″ allen key) on the base of the holster
- Remove the factory plastic plug
- Press the Portal in its place, making sure it is fully seated all around into the channel
- Tighten the screw back up and re-mount the holster
Safariland is a Registered Trade mark of Safariland, LLC